Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Use up those cupboard leftovers with this deliciously easy spaghetti dish - ready in less than half an hour!
- 8 tinned anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp small capers
- 180g (6½ oz) small pitted black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g (4oz) coarse fresh breadcrumbs from a baguette or ciabatta
- 500g (1lb 2oz) dried spaghetti
- Zest of a lemon
- 4tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
You can always add other store-cupboard leftovers to this recipe: try tinned tuna or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Pound the anchovies with half the olive oil to make a paste. Mix together the anchovies, capers and olives.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, fry the garlic quickly, then add the breadcrumbs and fry until browned.
- Cook the pasta for around 10 mins until firm. Drain, return to pan and add anchovy mix and lemon zest plus a little extra oil if it's a bit dry. Stir in the parsley and freshly ground pepper. Scatter over garlic crumbs and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 740(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.