Cheesy grilled haddock
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Deliciously rich mascarpone cheese helps turn healthy grilled haddock into a tastebud-tingling meal to remember
- 115g (4oz) mascarpone cheese
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 85g (3oz) Cheddar, grated
- 25g (1oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 x 125g (4½ oz) haddock fillets
- Courgettes and butter beans, to serve
Mascarpone cheese also makes a good alternative to cream in desserts and is the main ingredient in tiramisu.
- Heat the grill to high. Put the mascarpone cheese, lemon zest, parsley, Cheddar and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Season with salt and ground pepper, and stir.
- Put the haddock on a baking sheet and top with the cheese mixture. Grill for 8 mins or until the fish is cooked through and the topping is bubbling.
- Serve with pan-fried courgettes and butter beans.
For more great family recipes every month, subscribe to Essentials Magazine
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 307(kcal)
- Fat 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.