Apricot and almond galette
This sweet dish is a great way of introducing kids to nuts and adding a bit of fruit to their diet
- 350g (12oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g (4oz) ground almonds
- 14 ripe apricots or 2 x 410g tins apricots in juice, drained
- 75g (3oz) flaked almonds
- 2tbsp golden icing sugar
If you use frozen puff pastry, allow it to thaw in the fridge for around 6 hrs.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan oven, 375°F, gas mark 5). Roll the pastry into a 30.5 x 30.5cm/12 x 12in square, place on a large, greased baking sheet and knock up the edges slightly with a flat-bladed knife. Chill while you make the almond filling.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and almonds in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk for 2-3 mins until combined. Spread the almond mixture evenly over the chilled pastry to within 1cm (½ in) of the edge.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones. If using tinned apricots, pat dry with kitchen paper. Arrange fruit on top of the filling and sprinkle over the flaked almonds. Bake for 25-30 mins until the top is golden and the pastry cooked.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and dust with icing sugar. Serve with Kirsch Chantilly cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 490(kcal)
- Fat 35.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.