Roast potatoes with garlic and rosemary
Roast potatoes with the flavours of fresh herbs are the classic accompaniment to a roast dinner
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) waxy new potatoes (such as Charlotte)
- 3tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic heads, not peeled
- 100ml (4fl oz) olive oil
Add goose fat to make your potatoes extra crispy. Many supermarkets now stock it all year round.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 7). Cut the potatoes in half lengthways and place in a shallow roasting tin. Add the chopped herbs, garlic and olive oil and stir well.
- Season generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper and place in the oven. Cook for 45 mins or until crisp and golden brown.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 170(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.