Champagne berry zabaglione
Skill level: Easy peasy
Add some sparkle to your dinner party with this light, elegant dessert. Buy cheaper Cava sparkling wine to keep this dessert low-cost.
- 250ml (9fl oz) Champagne, Cava or sparkling wine
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 2 medium eggs
- 600g (1lb 5oz) mixed fresh or frozen berries
Top tip: Maybe it does seem a little indulgent to open a bottle of Champagne to make a dessert. But if you pour the remainder into glasses with a splash of crème de cassis, it's a great accompaniment to the zabaglione. Alternatively, you can always buy a half bottle, or use cava or prosecco.
- Combine all the ingredients except the berries in a large heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Whisk vigorously until the mixture thickens and becomes foamy - this should take about 7 mins.
- Divide the berries among six serving bowls and spoon over the hot sauce as soon as it comes off the heat.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.