Sausage and bean stew
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A warming one-pot meal perfect for winter evenings. The sausages go well with the tender beans and rich tomato sauce to make a hearty family meal.
- 12 good quality sausages, any flavour (use two packets of six)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 x 300g pots fresh tomato and herb sauce
- 540g jar large butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Freshly chopped herbs, to garnish
Make a day ahead and chill. Reheat thoroughly, adding a little extra water.
- Put the sausages and onion in a pan and cook until the sausages are beginning to brown, turning them occasionally.
- Stir in the sauce. Fill one pot with water and add to the pan. Bring the mixture to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the drained beans and simmer for a further 5-10 mins or until the beans are heated through, the sausages are cooked and the sauce is the required consistency. Garnish with herbs.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 980(kcal)
- Fat 73.0g
- Saturates 27.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.