Chewy chocolate chip cookies
Costs: Cheap as chips
Skill level: Easy peasy
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are made with golden syrup and brown sugar, making them extra chewy and delicious. So much tastier than shop-bought versions, this cookie recipe is a GoodtoKnow favourite and the whole family will absolutely love them. Once you've mastered this easy chocolate chip cookies recipe you can experiment with different flavour combinations - white chocolate chips and dried strawberries would make a nice twist, but you can use your imagination to create other combinations or even ask the kids to request different flavours. To make these chewy chocolate chip cookies, you only six ingredients, and we bet you already have most of them in your cupboard, so this is one of the best recipes to make on a lazy Sunday afternoon when you canít be bothered to walk to the shop. This simple recipe makes 20 thin chewy chocolate chip cookies and takes around 32 mins to prepare and bake Ė so you can have delicious chocolate chip cookies in just over half an hour! Store your cookies in an airtight container or jar so they keep all their flavour and chewy texture. These simple chocolate chip cookies would make great food gifts too, wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a ribbon.
To make double chocolate chip cookies, substitute 25g of flour with 25g cocoa powder.
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 160g self-raising flour
- 150g chocolate, milk, dark or white broken into 0.5cm chunks
- To start making your chocolate chip cookies, preheat the oven to 180C, gas 4.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat the golden syrup into the butter and sugar with the vanilla essence. Mix in flour and chocolate chunks until just combined.
- Take a teaspoonful of the mixture, roll it into a ball, then place onto a greased baking tray, flattening it slightly with the palm of your hand. Repeat with the remaining dough, allowing plenty of room for the cookies to spread while baking.
- Bake for 12 mins until golden brown.
- Allow chocolate chip cookies to cool on the tray for few mins before transferring them to a wire rack.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.