No-bake chocolate torte
A torte is a round cake which doesn't use any flour. In this version, chocolate fudge brownies form the base to make it thick and even more chocolatey.
- 600g (1lb 5oz) chocolate fudge brownies
- 2tbsp dark rum
- 350g (12oz) ready-to-eat vanilla prunes
- 600ml (1pt) double cream
- 350g (12oz) good quality plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
- cocoa powder to dust
- 23cm (9in) springform cake tin
Kids will love this recipe - just ditch the rum and the prunes. Raisins can be used instead, or just make it without.
- Line the springform cake tin with baking parchment. Cut the chocolate brownies into pieces and use them to completely cover the base of the tin - it's a bit messy, but worth it! Sprinkle with dark rum, press down firmly and scatter over the vanilla prunes.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and heat until just before it comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and beat in the plain dark chocolate until melted. Whisk with an electric whisk for about 5 mins until thick and glossy. Pour over the prunes and level off the surface. Chill for at least 2 hrs. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.