Avocado pesto spaghetti
Serves: 2 - 4
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
The rich buttery flesh of the avocados makes an unusual but delicious pesto for this easy pasta dish
- 2 avocados
- 15g (½ oz) fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15ml (1tbsp) lemon juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) olive oil
- 300g (11oz) spaghetti
- 90g (3oz) fresh baby spinach
- 50g (2oz) toasted pine nuts
Use a large pan for cooking spaghetti; the pasta needs to be able to move around in the water to cook properly.
- Halve the avocados and remove the stones. Scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add the basil, garlic cloves, lemon juice and olive oil and process until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti as directed on pack. Drain the spaghetti, and add the baby spinach. The heat from the pasta will wilt the spinach.
- Add the avocado pesto and toss gently, then sprinkle over the pine nuts.