Salmon with broad bean couscous
Skill level: Easy peasy
The delicate flavour of salmon combines with the minty, zesty fluffy couscous to creat a refreshingly light and tasty meal.
- 225g (8oz) frozen broad beans
- 4 salmon fillets
- 45ml (3tbsp) olive oil
- 225g (8oz) couscous
- Juice and finely grated rind from 1 lemon
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped mint
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
Nutritional info: Salmon is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart and arteries. Experts recommend eating fish at least twice a week.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the broad beans. Boil for 2-3 mins, then drain and rinse under cold water. Gently squeeze the bright green beans out of the grey outer skins and set aside.
- Brush the salmon with 15ml (1tbsp) of the olive oil and fry in a non-stick frying pan for 4-5 mins on each side until just cooked.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 mins until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork and stir in the beans, lemon rind and juice, olive oil and mint. Mix well and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve the salmon steaks on the broad bean couscous and garnish with lemon wedges.