Courgette and carrot salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This colourful courgette and carrot salad with a honey, red wine vinegar and parsley dressing is delicious served with lamb chops.
- 2-3 medium courgettes, thinly sliced
- 200g (7oz) carrots, peeled and sliced
For the vinaigrette dressing:
- 3tbsp (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp (15ml) red wine vinegar
- 1-2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2tsp (10ml) runny honey
Top tip: For fine courgette and carrot ribbons, use a swivel-head vegetable peeler.
- Prepare the dressing by placing all the ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shaking well.
- Place the courgettes and carrots in a large salad bowl. Drizzle over the dressing and serve the salad with the lamb.