Tandoori chicken skewers
The succulent mango salsa is a perfect compliment for the easy-to-prepare spicy chicken
- 6tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 2tbsp tandoori curry paste
- 500g (1lb 2oz) skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded
For the mango salsa:
- 1 ripe mango, flesh diced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1tbsp lime or lemon juice
- Boiled basmati rice and lime wedges to serve
Tandoori curry paste has a medium hot flavour; if you prefer something spicier use a Madras paste. For a milder flavour use korma or tikka masala paste. Instead of serving with rice, remove cooked chicken and peppers from skewers and serve in warm chapattis with salad and the salsa.
- Mix together the yogurt, lime or lemon juice, curry paste and 1tsp salt in a large shallow non-metallic dish.
- Cut the chicken fillets into 5cm (1in) chunks and add to the curried yogurt, tossing well to coat. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 1hr.
- Cut the pepper into small squares. Thread the chicken and pepper onto eight metal skewers. Cook the skewers under a medium pre-heated grill for 12-15 mins, turning occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and is lightly charred in places.
- While the skewers are cooking make the salsa: mix together the mango, spring onions and lemon or lime juice and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve hot skewers on a bed of basmati rice with mango salsa and the wedges of lime.