Roast lamb with fennel and mustard butter
If you love lamb, you'll love this recipe with a hot, aniseed flavour. Impress all your guests!
- 900g-1.3kg (2-3lb) lean lamb half leg joint
- Salt and pepper
For the Fennel and Mustard Butter:
- 50g (2oz) softened butter
- 15-30ml (1-2tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 45ml (3tbsp) fennel seeds, finely crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml (2tbsp) freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Serve the roast lamb with potatoes or rice salad.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5). To prepare the fennel and mustard butter, take a small bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface. Season and spread the butter over the joint and into the slits.
- Place on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the time specified above, depending on whether you prefer it medium or well done. Baste regularly with any rich meat juices.