Pork and apple bake
Costs: Cheap as chips
This one-pot supper is perfect for families. It's tasty and reduces the washing-up, so everyone should be happy!
- 450g (1lb) baby new potatoes
- 2 small red onions, sliced into wedges
- 4-8 whole cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1lb) apples, cored and sliced into wedges
- 4 lean pork steaks
- 1tbsp fresh sage leaves or 1tsp dried sage
Bramley apples freeze really well. Just peel, slice and soak them in water with lemon juice for 15 mins. Pat the apples dry then place them in bags and freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Place the potatoes, onion, garlic and oil in a large roasting tray or dish. Toss together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove from the oven, then stir in the apple slices and lay the pork steaks on top.
- Season and sprinkle over the sage and then return to the oven and bake for a further 20 mins or until the pork is golden and the apples and vegetables are tender. Serve with green vegetables.