Goat's cheese and spinach pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make pizza night a little healthier by swapping your usual takeaway favourite for this tasty goat's cheese and spinach pizza.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 175g (6oz) baby spinach leaves
- 290g packet pizza base mix (twin pack)
- 100g (4oz) firm goat's cheese, crumbled
- 2tbsp pine nuts
- 50g (2oz) sunblush tomatoes, drained and halved
We’ve used this recipe in our credit crunch meal planner. Click here to go back to week two of the planner.
If you're not a fan of goat's cheese, try the salty, tangy flavour of feta instead.
- Heat 1tbsp of the olive oil and fry the sliced onions for 8-10 mins until softened but not browned. Allow to cool.
- Put the spinach in a colander set over a pan of simmering water. Cover and steam for 3-4 mins until just wilted. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F, gas mark 7). Make up the pizza base mixes according to packet instructions. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 mins until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to a 33cm (13in) circle and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Leave in a warm place for 10 mins.
- Top the pizza base with the fried onions, spinach and crumbled cheese. Scatter over the pine nuts and tomatoes then drizzle over the rest of the olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 425(kcal)
- Fat 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.