Lamb steaks with mint salsa
Skill level: Easy peasy
Lamb and mint is a classic flavour combination, but this salsa gives it a new twist
- 60ml (4tbsp) fresh chopped mint
- 5ml (1tsp) Dijon mustard
- 30ml (2tbsp) lemon juice
- 60ml (4tbsp) olive oil
- 4 lamb leg steaks
- Boiled new potatoes and mangetout, to serve
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
When buying lamb, look for firm pink meat and creamy white, waxy fat.
- Place the chopped mint in a food processor or blender with the mustard and lemon juice and process for a few seconds. Pour in the olive oil and process for a further few seconds. Season
- with salt and freshly ground black pepper, then cover and set aside.
- Preheat the grill. Lightly season the lamb steaks, then grill for 5-8 mins on each side until cooked to your liking.
- Serve the lamb steaks smothered in the mint salsa and with boiled new potatoes and mangetout. Garnish with mint sprigs and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 490(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.