Spicy lentil tofu
Cooking time:plus marinating time
If you find it hard to find something meat-free to tickle your taste buds, here's the answer
- 250g packet smoked tofu, drained and cubed
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans green lentils, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
For added texture, coat your tofu in cornflour before frying it.
- Marinate the tofu in 2tbsp of the soy sauce for at least 30 mins, or overnight if possible. Drain the tofu, but keep the marinade to one side.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu until browned on all sides. Add the spring onions and chilli, then cook for a further 2 mins.
- Pour in the lentils, lime juice, marinade and the remaining soy sauce, and heat through. Stir through the coriander just before serving.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 313(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.