Roast rhubarb with fromage frais
Skill level: Easy peasy
Delicious rhubarb is made even sweeter by the ricotta, fromage frais and sugar in this simple dessert recipe. Guaranteed to please!
- 500g (1lb 2oz) rhubarb
- 75ml (2½ fl oz) elderflower cordial
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar
- 85g (3oz) ricotta cheese
- 3tbsp fat-free fromage frais
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 8 almond thins or similar small biscuits
Unlike pretty much every fruit and veg, rhubarb tastes just as great when it's out of season.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Trim the rhubarb, then cut into 5cm (2in) pieces. Place in a roasting tin in one layer, sprinkle with 50ml (2fl oz) of the elderflower cordial and the sugar, cover with foil and roast for 15 mins or until the rhubarb is tender but still holding its shape. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the ricotta, fromage frais, lemon zest and remaining elderflower cordial.
- Spoon the rhubarb into small glasses and top with the elderflower cream. Serve with almond thins or similar small biscuits.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 160(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.