Coconut seafood curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
This simple-to-prepare seafood curry is full of flavour - perfect for a filling evening meal with friends
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 8 shallots, halved
- 15ml (1tbsp) Thai green curry paste
- 225g (8oz) new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 400g can reduced-fat coconut milk
- 150ml (¼ pt) vegetable stock
- 30ml (2tbsp) soy sauce
- 450g (1lb) thick piece cod fillet, cut into chunks
- 175g (6oz) fine asparagus tips
- Juice from 1 lime
- 200g (7oz) cooked tiger prawns
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- Chopped chilli pepper and coriander leaves, to garnish
You can use another white fish - such as haddock or pollack - instead of cod if you prefer.
- Heat the oil in a large deep pan and fry the shallots for 5 mins until golden. Stir in the green curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the potatoes, carrot, coconut milk, stock and soy sauce. Simmer for 10-12 mins until the vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the chunks of cod and asparagus tips to the pan, cover, and simmer gently for 6-8 mins until the fish is just cooked and beginning to flake.
- Gently stir in the lime juice, tiger prawns and chopped coriander. Simmer for 5 mins, then season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve garnished with the chopped chilli and fresh coriander leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 345(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.