Roasted vegetables with honey and feta cheese
Serves: 4 to 6
For a delicious dinner that’s full of flavour and takes no time at all to prep, try this tasty roasted veg dish this week for a flavoursome main meal option. Whether you’re vegetarian or just want to cut down of meat, this is a great option to go for to help you on your way to five-a-day. Roasted vegetables are full of colour and flavour and adding honey and feta turns these roasted vegetables into a deliciously indulgent vegetarian main course. Red peppers are a great source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, while carrots are known to be high in vitamin A and C among other great antioxidants and vitamins. Courgettes have a meaty texture that gives this dish an added benefit, while they also contain a good amount of dietary fibre and vitamins. Butternut squash are really low in fat but make a filling and colourful element to this dish too. You’ll find this dish to be the tastiest way to get to your five-a-day that the whole family will love.
- 2 red peppers, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 500g (1lb 2oz) baby courgettes, halved diagonally
- 2 red onions, each cut into 4 chunks
- ½ butternut or winter squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6tbsp olive oil, for roasting
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 200g (7oz) feta cheese
- 3 to 4tbsp manuka honey
You can chop and change the vegetables in this recipe, according to the season. Aubergine, fennel and mushrooms all work well, too.
- To make this superfood recipe, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Place all the vegetables in a large roasting tin with the olive oil. Season, add the thyme, then roast for about 40 mins.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes and add to the vegetables. Gently stir through with the honey. Return to the oven for another 5 mins before serving. You can serve this either straight from the oven or at room temperature.