Chicken with porcini mushrooms
Cooking time:plus 30 mins soaking time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Make this Italian chicken dish in a creamy mushroom sauce and served on a bed of tagliatelle - delicious!
- 25g (1oz) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 150ml (5fl oz) white wine
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) whipping cream
- 2tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 150g (5½ oz) tagliatelle
- 115g (4oz) asparagus, to serve
For a lighter meal, you can just serve the chicken and sauce with a green salad - or try the sauce with pasta and no chicken.
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover the mushrooms. Leave to soak for 30 mins, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Add the wine and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins or until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the cream and cook for 5-10 mins or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add the tarragon and season to taste.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions and drain. Cook the asparagus in a pan of simmering water until tender, then drain.
- Arrange the tagliatelle in the centre of each plate. Scatter with the asparagus, spoon over the chicken and mushrooms, and serve straight away.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 767(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.