Marshmallow swizzle sticks
Prep time:plus chilling
These super-sweet swizzle sticks are guaranteed to go down a treat at children's parties. Grown-ups will love them, too
- 100g (4oz) milk chocolate
- 200g packet marshmallows
- 45ml (3tbsp) chocolate strands
- 45ml (3tbsp) sugar hundreds and thousands
For a variation, replace the milk chocolate with white or plain chocolate and dip them in desiccated coconut or chocolate shavings.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Leave until the chocolate has melted.
- Thread three marshmallows on to a long wooden skewer and spoon some of the melted chocolate over the marshmallows to coat. Gently shake off any excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle liberally with chocolate strands or hundreds and thousands to cover the chocolate completely. Place the skewers on a cooling rack.
- Repeat with the rest of the marshmallows to make about 10 swizzle sticks in total. Chill in the fridge for 30 mins until set.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 135(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.