Chilli prawn toasts
These tasty little prawn bites are super-quick-to-prepare - and always go down a treat at parties
- 4 slices white sliced bread
- 225g (8oz) peeled cooked prawns
- 30ml (2tbsp) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) wild rocket
Instead of the prawns, try topping the toasts with a little pesto sauce and some crumbled feta cheese, or spread them with cream cheese and top with a thin slice of smoked salmon.
- Lightly toast the slices of bread and leave to cool. Using a 5cm (2in) round cutter, stamp out four rounds from each piece of toast.
- Drain the prawns on kitchen paper to remove any excess liquid and place in a bowl with the chilli sauce and half the chopped spring onions.
- Place a few rocket leaves on each round of toast and top with the chilli prawns. Garnish with the rest of the chopped spring onion and some freshly ground black pepper.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 33(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.