Tuna and caper spread
This quick-to-prepare spread works equally well as a dip, toast-topping or sandwich filling. It's super-tasty, too
- 185g can tuna chunks in oil, drained
- 65g (2½ oz) butter, softened
- 10ml (2tsp) lemon juice
- 10ml (2tsp) capers, drained
- Carrot batons and breadsticks, to serve
This speedy spread will keep in the fridge for three to four days. Allow to soften at room temperature before serving.
- Roughly flake the tuna fish and place in a food processor or blender with the butter and lemon juice. Process for a few seconds until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in nearly all the capers and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with the rest of the capers and more ground black pepper, if liked, and serve with the carrot batons and breadsticks to dip.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 195(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.