Barbecued chicken with guacamole
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A guaranteed hit at barbecues, this two-step chicken recipe really couldn't be easier
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 200g tub of guacamole
- Rice to serve
For the salad:
- 150g (5oz) baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of caster sugar
You can make your own simple guacamole by mashing together 1 avocado, 1 chopped onion and the juice of ½ a lime.
- Place the chicken skin side-up on a plate, then rub the skin with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook the chicken over hot barbecue coals for 10-15 mins, turning once until the chicken is charred on the outside and completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and season to taste. Serve the chicken on a bed of rice with the salad and guacamole served alongside.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 304(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.