Mediterranean turkey kebabs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
No barbecue is complete without some trusty kebabs - try these Mediterranean versions for something new to make the neighbours jealous
For the kebabs:
- 700g (1½ lb) British turkey diced thigh
- 1 large courgette, sliced into 1cm (½ in) thick chunks
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 large green peppers, seeded and cut into 3cm (1¼ in) pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into 3cm (1¼ in) pieces
- Salt and pepper
For the marinade:
- 120ml (4fl oz) olive oil
- 200ml (7fl oz) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
This dish should be served with large pittas or flatbread.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a jug, whisking well to combine.
- Place the turkey into a large bowl and pour over the marinade. Leave to marinade for 30 min or overnight.
- To prepare the kebabs, thread the turkey on to skewers, reserving the marinade. Alternate with courgette, cherry tomatoes, peppers and onion until all the ingredients are used up (about 12 kebabs).
- Season with salt and pepper and then place in the fridge while you light the barbecue.
- Once you are ready to cook, place the kebabs on the barbecue for 8-10 mins, basting with the reserved marinade, until cooked through.