Sesame and honey chicken salad
This flavoursome chicken salad is tastes super-sweet thanks to the addition of runny honey and lemon juice. Delicious!
- 3 large chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
- 30ml (2tbsp) wholegrain mustard
- 30ml (2tbsp) runny honey
- 15ml (1tbsp) lemon juice
- 45ml (3tbsp) oil
- 30ml (2tbsp) sesame seeds
- 175g (6oz) mixed salad leaves
- 5cm (2in) piece cucumber, cut into thin strips
- 30ml (2tbsp) red wine or sherry vinegar
When cooking with wine, don't be tempted to buy the cheapest: only ever use wine you'd drink or it won't enhance the taste!
- Place the chicken strips in a bowl with the mustard, honey and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and toss to coat the chicken well.
- Heat 15ml (1tbsp) of the oil in a wok or large non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken pieces for 6-7 mins, turning frequently until browned and cooked through. Add the sesame seeds and cook for a further 1-2 mins.
- Arrange the salad leaves on four serving plates. Top with the hot chicken and cucumber. Pour the rest of the oil in the pan and heat gently, then whisk in the vinegar and pour over the salad. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 308(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.