Turkey and potato pan fry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This delicious dish is full of flavour - perfect for a heart-warming midweek family meal
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 400g (14oz) turkey breast fillet, diced
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 550g (1lb 4oz) new potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 6 shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp fresh finely chopped chives
When buying new potatoes, look for ones that are firm, nicely shaped and don't have any sprouts or green colouration on their skin. But it's common for new potatoes to have small holes as their skin is so young and tender.
- Heat half the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan and fry the turkey pieces for 4-5 mins until browned all over. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the butter, potatoes and shallots to the pan. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Return the turkey to the pan and add the chopped red pepper. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook uncovered for a further 10 mins, until the potatoes are golden and the turkey is cooked through. Serve garnished with finely chopped chives.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 345(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.