Squash and stilton pancakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This veggie savoury pancake is great as a quick main meal - and even better followed by a delicious dessert pancake
- Our classic pancake recipe
- 400g (14oz) butternut squash
- 15ml (½ fl oz) olive oil
- 100ml (3½ fl oz) vegetable stock
- 50g (2oz) watercress
- 50g (2oz) Stilton
Don't fancy Stilton? You could always use another cheese, such as feta, for these pancakes.
- Dice the unpeeled butternut squash and sauté in the olive oil until golden.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 10 mins or until tender. Remove from the heat, drain off the liquid.
- Stir in the roughly chopped watercress and 25g Stilton. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Divide the mixture between four pancakes and place on an oiled baking sheet.
- Scatter over the rest of the crumbled Stilton and bake for 15 mins or until crisp and golden. Serve hot.