Tangy oranges, brandy and liqueur turns these gorgeous crÍpes into a super-indulgent treat. Enjoy!
- 125g (4oz) plain flour
- pinch salt
- 2 large Lion Quality eggs
- 300ml (Ĺ pint) milk
- 15g (Ĺ oz) butter, melted
- oil for cooking
For the orange sauce:
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) sugar
- grated rind and juice 2 oranges
- 2 oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 tbsp orange flavoured liqueur
- 1 tbsp brandy
When buying eggs, look out for the Lion Quality symbol: this indicates that they're British-laid and have been vaccinated against salmonella.
- For the pancakes, sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the Lion eggs and a little milk. Beat until a smooth paste is formed then add the remaining milk and butter, leave to stand 30 mins.
- Heat a little oil in a 15cm (6in) omelette pan, pour in 2tbsp batter and tilt to coat the bottom evenly. Cook over a high heat until lightly brown underneath. Turn the crÍpe with a palette knife and cook the other side for 30 seconds. Remove from the pan on to a tray and cover to keep warm then continue to make crepes until all the batter is used.
- Put the butter and sugar into a frying pan, add the orange juice and rind and heat until bubbling. Dip each crÍpe into the sauce, fold into quarters then arrange in a warm serving dish with orange segments. Pour the liqueur and brandy into the pan light with a match, then pour the flaming sauce over the crÍpes and serve.