Cheesy cod parcels
Skill level: Easy peasy
Goat's cheese adds a deliciously tasty contrast to succulent white fish in these easy-to-make little parcels
- 4 x 170g (6oz) chunky cod or bass fillets, fresh or defrosted, skinned
- 500g packet puff pastry, fresh or defrosted
- Rind 1 lemon
- Rind 1 lime
- 100g (3½ oz) packet of goat's cheese with herbs, sliced into 4
- Salt and black pepper
- Milk or beaten egg for brushing
To defrost frozen puff pastry, leave at room temperature for six hours - or pop in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F, gas mark 5).
- Roll out pastry to a 35cm x 40cm (14in x 16in) rectangle. Cut into four.
- Place citrus rind in the middle of each piece of pastry. Top with cheese, season and place fish skinned side up on top.
- Brush the edge of the pastry with milk or egg.
- Fold over the pastry, sealing edges to form a parcel.
- Turn over and place the parcels, sealed edges down, onto on a greased baking tray. Make a small cut into the pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with milk or egg. Bake for 30 mins until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve with a fresh crisp salad and cherry tomatoes.