Pan-fried cod with prawn and lemon butter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Prawns and citrus fruit help give this healthy dish plenty of flavour - and it's ready in just quarter of an hour
- 4 x 150g (5oz) thick pieces cod fillet
- 60ml (4tbsp) seasoned flour
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 65g (2½ oz) butter
- 100g (4oz) small cooked, peeled prawns
- Finely grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- 450g (1lb) spinach leaves, lightly steamed, to serve
You could make this dish with another white fish - such as haddock - if you prefer.
- Dust the cod pieces with the seasoned flour. Heat the oil and half the butter in a large heavy-based frying pan until melted and foaming. Add the cod and fry for 4 mins on each side until just cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper. Add the rest of the butter and heat until melted. Add the prawns and lemon rind and heat gently for 20-30 seconds, then stir in the lemon juice.
- Serve the cod pieces with the cooked spinach and pour over the lemon and prawn butter. Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.