Lime and coconut cookies
The addition of dessicated coconut and lime ensures these deliciously moreish treats are packed with flavour
- 50g (1¾ oz) butter, softened75g (2¾ oz) icing sugar
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 large Lion Quality egg
- 100g (3½ oz) plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 50g (1¾ oz) dessicated coconut
- 25g (1oz) large coconut shreds
- 65g (2oz) icing sugar
These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Lightly oil two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy. Reserve 1tbsp of the lime juice. Add the remaining lime juice, zest, egg, flour, baking powder, dessicated coconut and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Place six spoonfuls of the mixture well apart on each of the baking sheets. Flatten with a fork and sprinkle over the coconut shreds. Bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- To decorate, mix the reserved lime juice with the icing sugar to make a thin icing. Drizzle the icing over the biscuits. Leave to set.