Smoked salmon and asparagus omelette
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Fresh asparagus, tasty smoked salmon and Gruyère cheese are the perfect ingredients for a super-indulgent and easy-to-make omelette.
- 1 x 300g bundle of fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 large Lion quality eggs
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 225g (8oz) smoked salmon
- 25g (1oz) Gruyère cheese, grated
Top tip: If you don't have a griddle pan, you could oven-roast the asparagus at 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6) for 10-15mins.
- Preheat a griddle pan. Cut the asparagus in half lengthways, toss in the olive oil and seasoning to taste. Lay the asparagus on the hot griddle pan and cook for 4-5mins, turning once until the asparagus is charred and tender. Beat the eggs with seasoning.
- Melt a quarter of the butter in an medium frying pan. When sizzling, pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 3-4 mins, pushing the cooked egg into the centre of the pan with a spatula until no runny egg remains. Cook for 1 min until base is golden.
- Scatter a quarter of the asparagus and salmon over the omelette and fold on to a plate. Sprinkle over the cheese. Repeat to make a further three omelettes in the same way.