Sweet potato and chorizo hash
Costs: Cheap as chips
Sweet potato fills you up like normal potatoes, but also counts towards your five a day. Goes really well with chorizo.
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 175g/6oz chorizo sausage, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large Lion quality eggs
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the sweet potato and fry for 5-6mins or until beginning to brown. Add the onion and pepper and continue to fry for 3-4 mins or until all the vegetables are golden brown. Stir in the chorizo sausages and fry for 2 mins. Season to taste.
- Use a spatula to make four wells in the mixture. Carefully crack and egg into each hole, cover the pan with a baking tray, and cook over a medium heat for 4 mins or until the eggs are set. Serve hot.