Balsamic lamb chops with minted beans
Lamb and mint is a classic taste combination - but this elegant recipe gives it an original twist
- 8 lamb chops
- 45ml (3tbsp) balsamic vinegar
- 30ml (2tbsp) honey, warmed
- 225g (8oz) stringless runner beans, sliced
- 350g (12oz) frozen peas
- 350g (12oz) frozen broad beans
- 30ml (2tbsp) mint jelly
- 25g (1oz) butter
- Mint sprigs, to garnish
Look for lamb chops with a pink colour and plenty of marbling.
- Season the lamb chops with freshly ground black pepper and cook under a medium-hot grill for 3-4 mins on each side. Mix together the vinegar and honey, and brush half of the mixture over the chops. Cook for a further 3-4 mins on each side.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the runner beans for 2-3 mins. Add the peas and broad beans to the pan and cook for a further 3-4 mins until just tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
- Break up the mint jelly and stir into the beans and peas with the butter until melted. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve in warmed bowls topped with the chops. Garnish with mint sprigs and drizzle over the rest of the vinegar and honey.