Steak and onion in a jacket
What could be more inviting than a steaming jacket potato piled high with steak in a rich red wine sauce?
- 2 x 225g (8oz) potatoes, scrubbed
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 175g-225g (6-8oz) British rump steak, cut into strips
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- 4tbsp red wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly chopped parsley to serve
Instead of steak, try filling the jacket potato with a chicken or vegetable stir-fry.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6). Scrub the potatoes and place in the oven for 1 hr 15 mins or until soft throughout.
- After the potatoes have been cooking for 45 mins, heat the oil and gently fry the onions until golden brown and soft (this should take about 15 mins).
- Increase the heat, add the steak and fry for 3-4 minutes or until cooked. Stir in the mustard, wine and seasoning, and continue to cook for 1 min.
- When the potatoes are cooked, cut them almost in half lengthways and spoon in the steak and onion filling. Serve immediately with freshly chopped parsley