Tuna steaks with chilli and lime butter
Red chilli paste gives this quick and easy recipe a real kick, while lime and coriander enhances the flavour of the tuna
- 4 fresh tuna steaks
- 10ml (2tsp) sunflower oil
- 100g (4oz) butter, softened
- 5-10ml (1-2tsp) red chilli paste
- 15ml (1tbsp) lime juice
- 30ml (2tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- 350g (12oz) prepared green veg such as courgettes, broccoli and mangetout
- Lime wedges, to serve
If you're concerned about tuna becoming an endangered species, you can use salmon obtained from sustainable sources instead.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle pan or skillet. Brush the steaks with the oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 2-4 mins on each side until the steaks are seared and cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, beat together the butter, chilli paste, lime juice and coriander.
- Lightly boil or steam the green vegetables for 4-5 mins until just tender.
- Serve the tuna steaks with the cooked vegetables and top each steak with a quarter of the chilli and lime butter. Serve immediately with lime wedges.