Tuna and red pesto pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Cheap, quick and easy - this delicious, filling family pasta recipe couldn't be any simpler to make. Great for busy evenings.
- 350g (12oz) rigatoni pasta
- 2tbsp red pepper pesto sauce
- 400g can tuna chunks in oil, drained and flaked
- 1tbsp (15ml) pitted black olives, chopped
- 2tbsp (30ml) fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- 1tbsp (15ml) olive oil
For a different flavour, try a new variety of pesto sauce. Look out for the range by Sacla which includes aubergine, rocket, coriander and sun-dried tomato as well as the classic green pesto.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins, or according to the packet instructions, until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Stir in the pesto sauce, tuna and olives. Return to the heat for 2-3 mins until piping hot. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide between four serving bowls and top with the chopped parsley, if using, and drizzle over the olive oil.