Chocolate ripple cheesecake
Cooking time:(May need an extra 10 mins)
Skill level: Bit of effort
This baked cheesecake is a must for chocolate lovers. It has a really rich flavour without being too sweet
- 225g (8oz) all butter biscuits,finely crushed
- 75g (3oz) butter, melted
- 15ml (1tbsp) cocoa powder
- 200g (7oz) plain chocolate,broken into pieces
- 2 x 200g tubs light Philadelphia soft cheese
- 100g (4oz) caster sugar
- 10ml (2tsp) vanilla essence
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 x 284ml carton soured cream
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- Crème fraîche, to serve (optional)
Don't be tempted to open the oven door to check your cheesecake - a sudden rush of cold air can case it to crack.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°F, gas mark 3). Mix together the crushed biscuits, melted butter and cocoa powder and press evenly into the base of a well-buttered 23cm (9in) round spring-form or deep-fluted flan tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, then remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, beat together the soft cheese, caster sugar and vanilla essence until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the eggs, then fold in the soured cream. Spoon about half of this mixture over the biscuit base.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the remaining mixture (it will be quite thick) and drop spoonfuls of this on top of the vanilla layer.
- Using a skewer or a thin knife, swirl the chocolate mixture through the vanilla mixture. Place the tin on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 mins until the filling has just set. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven.
- Serve sliced, lightly dusted with cocoa powder and with a spoonful of crème fraîche, if liked.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 405(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.