Creamy smoked salmon pasta
Skill level: Bit of effort
It takes no time at all to make this easy creamy smoked salmon pasta recipe. A classic pasta dish with a rich, creamy white wine sauce, delicious smoked salmon and fresh dill for even more flavour. This recipe serves 2 people but can easily be double or tripled to feed your whole family and guests. It'll take only 25 mins in total to whip up this mouth-watering lunch or dinner. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. This dish is best eaten on the same day for the best flavour but you can however safe a portion and have for lunch or dinner the next day - the choice is yours!
- 175g (6oz) pasta shapes
- 15g (½oz) butter
- 2tsp (10ml) oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 150ml (¼pt) dry white wine
- 100g (4oz) sugar snap peas, sliced lengthways
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream
- 100g (4oz) smoked salmon cut into thin strips
- 1tbsp (15ml) fresh chopped dill, to garnish
You can use any shaped dried pasta for this dish, but spiral shapes such as Buitoni's Riccioli seem to suit the creamy sauce particularly well.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water, or according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter and oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots for 5 mins. Add the wine and boil rapidly until the liquid is reduced by two-thirds.
- Add the sugar snap peas to the pan and cook for 1 min. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the cream. Return the pan to a gentle heat and simmer for 2-3 mins until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Drain the pasta well and stir into the sauce with the smoked salmon. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and divide between tow serving bowls.
- Garnish the smoked salmon pasta with the chopped dill and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 820(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.