Caramelised onion and goats cheese pizza
If you're bored with the classic tomato topping, have a go at making this pizza or try one of our tasty variations.
- 45ml (3tbsp) olive oil
- 2 large mild onions, thinly sliced
- 10ml (2tsp) brown sugar
- 1 x 290g packet pizza base mix
- 10ml (2tsp) fresh chopped rosemary leaves
- 2 x 100g round goats' cheeses, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onions. Fry gently for 10 mins until softened. Add the sugar and fry for a further 4-5 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to Gas 7/220°/425°F. Empty both sachets of pizza base mix into a large bowl and stir in a large pinch of salt and the chopped rosemary leaves. Stir in 200ml (7fl oz) hand-hot water and mix to a soft dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 mins until smooth and elastic.
- Roll out the dough to a 25 x 38cm (10 x 15in) oblong. Place on a greased baking sheet and turn up the edges. Spread the onions over the base, then top with the sliced goats' cheese, cherry tomatoes and rosemary sprigs. Leave in a warm place for 10 mins.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season well. Bake for 15-20 mins until the base is golden brown.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 462(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.