A delicious winter warmer with an Indian flavour.
- 15ml (1tbsp) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10ml (2tsp) grated root ginger
- 30ml (2tbsp) medium curry paste
- 400g (14oz) minced beef
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 175g (6oz) frozen peas
- 45ml (3tbsp) fresh chopped coriander
- Boiled rice, naan bread and cucumber ribbons to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 5 mins. Add the garlic and ginger, and fry for a further 2-3 mins, then stir in the curry paste. Cook for 1 min.
- Add the mince and cook until browned all over, then stir in 450ml (3/4pt) water and the potatoes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 3-4 mins, then stir in the coriander and serve immediately with the boiled rice, naan bread and cucumber ribbons.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 415(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.