Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Dark and white chocolate pieces in these rich brownies make them even more of a treat. Make these delicious brownies in just four easy steps
- 200g (7oz) plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 100g (4oz) butter
- 150g (5oz) light muscovado sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 100g (4oz) white chocolate, melted
For a more indulgent pud, serve hot with scoops of ice-cream and warm chocolate fudge sauce. We like English Provender Company's Double Chocolate Fudge Sauce, £1.49, 200g. More from
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3. Grease a 19cm x 23cm (7 1/2in x 9 1/2in) shallow cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Place the plain chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat and beat in the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence, then fold in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin. Spoon the melted white chocolate over the mixture. Use a skewer to swirl the white chocolate into the mixture, to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until just firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Top tip: For a more indulgent pud, serve hot with scoops of ice-cream and warm chocolate fudge sauce. We like English Provender Company's Double Chocolate Fudge Sauce, £1.49, 200g.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 305(kcal)
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.