Spicy chicken with raita potatoes
Spreading spicy harissa paste on chicken really livens up this meal.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts skinned and thickly sliced
- 1 1/2tsp harissa paste (a spicy paste available in supermarkets)
- 1/2tsp paprika
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 250g new or salad potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Mix together the chicken, harissa paste, paprika and olive oil. Cover and place in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Add the chicken to a hot griddle pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning at least once or until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile place the new potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix together the lemon juice and Greek yoghurt, then add the spring onions and potatoes. Season to taste.
- Arrange the potato salad on a plate with the spicy chicken and sprinkle over the chopped mint. Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 370(kcal)
- Fat 9.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.