Quick, easy and they taste gorgeous! A treat for the whole family.
- 675g (1 1/2lbs) potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 150 ml (1/4pt)) milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g (4 oz) ham, chopped
- 30ml (1 oz) tomato relish
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7. Cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 20 mins, until tender.
- When cooked drain and return to the pan.
- Heat the milk then pour over the potato, add some salt and pepper and mash until smooth.
- Separate the eggs, put the egg whites into a large clean bowl and add the yolks to the potato along with the ham and tomato relish. Mix everything together very well.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff then using a tablespoon fold the egg whites into the potato mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into 4, lightly greased ramekin dishes. Cook for 20 minutes.