Potatoes with a chorizo and tomato sauce
Skill level: Easy peasy
The chorizo in this recipe is a kind of Portugese spicy sausage, and it adds a real fiery flavour to the meal.
- 800g potatoes e.g. Maris Piper, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 110g pack chorizo sausage, roughly chopped
- 400g jar tomato pasta sauce
- ½ tsp hot chilli powder
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g black olives, sliced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Place the potatoes in a pan, cover with boiling water, add a little salt, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion and chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except parsley. Bring to the boil, stirring and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes to the sauce and stir until evenly coated. Sprinkle over the parsley to serve.