Pork and mushroom sauté
Skill level: Easy peasy
Quick and easy, the mustard in this saute gives a delicious French-style taste.
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- 30ml (2tbsp) oil
- 10 shallots, peeled and halved
- 12 pork fillet medallions
- 150g (5oz) chestnut mushrooms, wiped and halved
- 300ml (1/2pt) dry white wine
- 10ml (2tsp) Dijon mustard
- 90ml (6tbsp) crème fraiche
- 15ml (1tbsp) finely chopped chives, to garnish
- Heat the butter and oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the shallots and fry for 1 min.
- Season the pork with freshly ground black pepper and add to the pan. Fry for 1 min on each side until well browned. Add the mushrooms and fry over a high heat for a further minute.
- Add the wine and mustard and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 10-12 mins until the pork is cooked through. Remove the pork and vegetables from the pan and cover and keep warm.
- Boil the liquid in the pan until it's reduced by about half. Stir in the crème fraiche and heat through gently. Season to taste. Serve with French beans, a little of the sauce, and garnish with a few chopped chives.