Scottish summer salad
A real Caledonian classic, this salad works beautifully with fresh Aberdeen Angus steak.
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1lb) British new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 courgette, cut into chunks
- 450g (1lb) Aberdeen Angus rump steak, cut into strips
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Heat the oil in a roasting tin then add the potatoes, onion, pepper and courgette and season well. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss the beef in the balsamic vinegar and add to the roast vegetables. Mix well and continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the beef is cooked to your taste.
- Adjust the seasoning, allow to cool slightly then serve.