Sausage and potato roast
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Use British new potatoes and Lincolnshire sausages for a truly traditional taste.
- 3tbsp olive oil,
- 450g (1lb) British new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 8 large Lincolnshire sausages
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 yellow peppers, cut into chunks
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Heat the oil in a roasting tin then add the potatoes and sausages. Roast for 20 mins.
- Add the onion and peppers, season well and continue to roast for a further 30 – 35 mins or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately garnished with the fresh basil.